Thursday 12 April 2012

Blog - "Brainstorming Outside The Bubble"

With the Graphic Designer I want being ever elusive, the reality of the amount of work ahead of me is beginning to close in, and the whole money thing is starting to pop up. This is problematic. I've always called money The Universal Motivator due to it being the only thing in the world that can make anybody do something for you. I don't mean have sex with your french baguette or anything stupid like that either; I mean actually do what they call their career for yourself.

Thing is, I'm doing all these for some money myself. I don't have all that much.

With the completion of Dejá Vu just two weeks away, I've been stepping up the game for my ad campaign recently. I've done a lot of work towards it, as has my associate, a Mr. Richard Norfolk, local to me and greatly experienced in the area. We have a lot of ideas, some clever tricks and plans, and yes, I've had to part with some cash. I really wouldn't want to have to lose something close to £400 for one A4 bloody poster, especially when I'll be intentionally advertising said poster, and thus their work, to every single person I possibly can.

This thing is proving to be more trouble than it's worth so far. I'm nervous about it all, and I'm nowhere near close enough to feel near done.

Thankfully, help is at hand in the marketing arena. Mr. Norfolk and I have already started to design what we hope will be a unique and interesting advertising experience for all involved. It's taken a lot of brainstorming, and a lot of paper has been carelessly discarded in the name of work. Brainstorming has never been so fun, and involved fewer bubbles. I've never been a fan of the whole brainstorm around a bubble thing. I don't want a million options; I want one concerted plan.

Now I've got something of a plan formed, I'm suddenly feeling much better about everything. Life doesn't seem so scary, and finishing the book becomes much easier.

Though there's still going to be plenty of money changing hands. A shame, but hopefully, for £1 a novel, people are still going to do that buying thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm grateful for any comments that I receive. Thank you.